Assist with circulation desk, stacks maintenance and collection management operations.
Rate of pay: $12.05/hr (new hires)
Duties may include any of the following (see hiring supervisor for specific duties):
- Check out and check in books, journals, reserve books and other library materials.
- Process holds, recalls, renewals and other patron requests.
- Sort books for shelving.
- Answer basic informational, directional and library policy questions, help patrons locate materials in the stacks, provide basic copy machine assistance.
- Assist with document delivery scanning and processing interlibrary loan, borrow direct, and Call Slip requests.
- Assist with course reserve processing.
- Answer phone calls, reply to e-mail directed to the circ desk, process the daily circulation notices (e-mail and paper).
- Accept payments for fines, locker rentals, book sale purchases; issue receipts for same.
- Record and tally usage statistics and exit gate readings.
- Search library catalog for patrons.
- General office work (data entry, book repairs, searching stacks for items that need to be bound, and maintaining statistics).
- Gather, sort and shelve books and journals.
- Shelf-read the stacks and other collections for proper call number order.
- Straighten the shelves of books, update aisle markers as needed, replace bookends.
- Shift tight areas.
- Search the stacks for books reported missing or billed for replacement.
- Report maintenance or security problems (lights out, graffiti, broken furniture, stashed materials, food, etc.) to supervisor.
- Perform complex library tasks with minimal supervision.
- Help process journals to be sent for binding, check catalog records for accuracy and completeness, replace call number labels on books.
- Assist with stack management special projects, identify books needing repair, assist with digital books service and document scanning.
- Help troubleshoot public computers according to directions.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures.
- Assist with delivering books to faculty department offices.
- Ability to work effectively with the public.
- Other duties as assigned.