Associations and Societies
- ASA – American Statistical Association
- AMS – The home page of the American Mathematical Society
- EMS – The European Mathematical Society
- IMS – Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- IMU – The International Mathematical Union
- MAA – Mathematical Association of America
- NCTM – National Council of the Teachers of Mathematics
- SIAM – Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Other Societies
History, Biography, Learning Support
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians
- Catalog of the Scientific Community in the 16th and 17th Centuries – Biographical information in a searchable database.
- MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive – Biographies, chronologies, maps of birthplaces of famous mathematicians, as well as articles covering historical development of ideas and the studies of curves.
- Math Forum – This site is a mathematics education center that offers users a variety of features including Ask Dr. Math (a question-and-answer forum).
- Math in the Movies
- Mathematical Genealogy Project – “The intent of this project is to compile information about ALL the mathematicians of this planet!”
- Mathematics Archives – A directory of sources funded by NSF. Includes software archive of reviews and teaching materials.
- NSDL – The National Science Digital Library is the NSF’s online library of resources for science, technology, engineering and mathematics education.
- Wikipedia – The articles are generally well written and authorative.
- Wolfram|Alpha – Wolfram|Alpha introduces a fundamentally new way to get knowledge and answers—not by searching the web, but by doing dynamic computations based on a vast collection of built-in data, algorithms, and methods.
- Wolfram Math World – Created and maintained by Eric Weisstein. This is a comprehensive and interactive mathematics encyclopedia that is continually updated to include new material and incorporate new discoveries.
Metasites, Preprints, and General Indices
- EULER Project – European Libraries and Electronic Resources in Mathematical Sciences.
- Mathematics WWW Virtual Library – A collection of useful resources in the field of Mathematics.
- Resources in Mathematics – From the Special Libraries Association Physics/Astronomy/Mathematics division.
- StatLib – A web based service that distributes statistical software, datasets, and information.
- Yahoo:Science:Mathematics – Yahoo’s directory for Mathematical Societies, Electronic Journals, Employment Opportunities and more.