Basic Circulation Information
Library circulation policies are designed to ensure prompt and equitable access to library materials by all library users. Specific policies may vary somewhat between Cornell University Libraries and individual units should be contacted for specific information regarding these policies.
Specific information about lending privileges for your patron groups (i.e. faculty, student, visitor, etc.) can be found on the Cornell Library’s Borrow, Renew, Return Policies page.
- It is your responsibility to keep your e-mail and local mailing address updated to ensure you receive notices promptly. Library notices are e-mailed to your your net id address (netID@cornell.edu). If this is NOT your preferred e-mail address, please go to http://whoiam.cornell.edu to configure your net ID e-mail to forward to your preferred mailing address.
- Any item borrowed from the library is subject to recall at any time, including breaks periods, the summer months and winter intersession. We strongly urge you to return books to the library if you plan to be away from campus, particularly over breaks.
- You are required to have your Cornell ID in your possession to check out any Mathematics Library material. Your Cornell ID card is non-transferable, which means you may not loan or borrow ID cards.
- You are personally responsible for the prompt and safe return of all library material checked out to you. Do not loan your books to others or leave them in an area where they may be stolen or damaged. The book drop is always open. To keep track of book due dates and to renew books, check your account online, or contact the library.
- It is your responsibility to notify the Mathematics Library immediately if library material is lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Books, Serials, Theses: Standard loan period (undergraduate 42 days; graduate/staff 180 days; faculty 1 year), renewable unless recalled. Recalled items must be returned within 9 days of the date of recall, but may be returned to any library.
- Reserves: 2-hour loan, renewable upon return. Reserve items may not be returned to other libraries.
- Journals: 1 week loan, renewable.
- Videos: 3 day loan, renewable.
- Reference collection: located on the main floor of the library
The library will search the stacks for a period of six weeks. If we cannot locate the book, the borrower remains liable for payment of replacement charges. These charges may be refunded/credited in part or in full should the book be found or returned. Determination of the amount of refund/credit, if any, will be made on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions about library policies, reserves, or fines, please contact us at email@example.com or 607-255-5076.